The BHK Signature 250 power amplifier is the culmination of one man’s half-century search for perfection in music’s reproduction. Bascom H. King has designed amplifiers for many companies, some selling in excess of $100,000, including: Constellation Audio, Marantz, Infinity, and Conrad Johnson. This is the first amplifier Bascom felt was good enough to lend his name to. It is his finest achievement in a lifetime of work.
The BHK Signature series is unparalleled in its ability to render details formerly lost in the music. The BHK Signature is a hybrid design enjoying performance benefits from multiple design techniques including, a balanced differential vacuum tube input, balanced differential MOSFET power outputs, and separate, isolated, analog power supplies feeding each.
When it comes to musically controlling and powering loudspeakers, the BHK Signature has no peer. The stereo Signature 250 produces 250 watts/per channel into an eight-Ohm loudspeaker, 500 watts/channel into four-Ohms, and stable into 2-Ohms; enough power to satisfy even the hungriest of loads. And what is truly remarkable is the Signature 250 is one of the best performing, musical sounding amplifiers ever made. Imagine your delight listening to either.
- Zero-loss vacuum tube input stage
- Differentially coupled balanced MOSFET output stage
- All through hole construction (no surface mount parts)
- RCA Single ended input
- XLR balanced input
- 250 watts per channel 8Ω Signature
- 500 watts per channel 4Ω Signature
- 2Ω stable Signature 250 stereo
- Less than 0.1% thd 20Hz to 20kHz at rated power
- Damping factor 100 for excellent loudspeaker control
- Front panel standby button for vacuum tube input
- -3dB greater than 200kHz
- Dual, custom, solid copper, gold plated output binding posts
- Fully balanced from input to output
- 83 pounds
- Input 12 volt trigger
- Easy access for tubes