DirectStream Junior is a more-affordable version of the remarkable DirectStream DAC, whose architecture has been awarded Product of the Year in both Stereophile and TAS, Darko Knock-Out award, Editors’ Choice and Golden Ear awards. DirectStream Junior, like its progenitor, is a handwritten, discrete, digital to analog converter that uncovers all the missing information hiding in your audio library. CD’s, high-resolution PCM- or DSD-based media are expertly upsampled in DirectStream Junior to ten times DSD rate and output as pure analog directly into your amplifier or preamplifier.
Whatever the format, whatever the sample rate, DirectStream Junior provides a pure DSD based solution that fulfills the promise of high-resolution analog performance from digital audio. If you know the sound of music and instruments, and want to hear what’s been missing on your discs, then this DAC is right for you.
While DirectStream Junior does not share DirectStream’s touch screen, larger power supply, or taller chassis, it does share remarkable performance uncovering all that buried treasure in your digital music collection. Connect DirectStream Junior to your NAS, computer, or favorite internet streaming station through its built in Bridge II, I²S through an HDMI cable to the PWT (or upcoming DirectStream Transport playing your favorite SACD), or any digital output source, and sit back and relive musical performances few have enjoyed at this price.
- Pure 100% DSD-based D to A Converter
- Fully upgradeable through software releases
- Built in Bridge II Network streaming Audio input
- Resolution perfect volume and balance controls built in
- Upsamples PCM and DSD to 10x DSD rate
- DXD support
- Passively filtered high speed output stage
- Improves imaging and soundstage
- Simple, direct signal path with one master clock
- Handwritten filters, processors and upsamplers
- Immune to incoming jitter problems from different sources
- Increased digital headroom
- No off-the-shelf IC DAC chips used
- FPGA-based circuitry
- Uncovers musical details masked by typical PCM based processors
- 6 digital inputs
- Fully balanced from input to output