KEITH MONKS. MAKING RECORDS SOUND BETTER SINCE 1969.
The more affordable discOvery One Record Cleaning Machine gets a Five Star review in the March 2014 edition of Hi-Fi Choice magazine. This is great news for any serious vinyl fan because, as David Price observes, “a cleaned disc plays better, regardless of how dirty it was (or not) pre-ablutions” and “if it was in a bad way, the improvement will be dramatic”. And clear to hear: “It makes for a brighter, tighter, more focused sound with greater grip and power on the bass”.
The discOvery One offers pretty well all the performance of the other Keith Monks machines but at around half the price – make no mistake, this represents serious value for money. And the results are clear to hear: “It makes for a brighter, tighter, more focused sound with greater grip and power on the bass”.
The discOvery One may be half the price of the established KM models but this is no ‘budget’ product. Savings have been made in sensible ways to reduce costs without compromising performance. So rather than using the bespoke turntable of the Omni and Classic models, the discOvery One utilises an adapted Technices SL-1200, famed for its robust construction. This means that the new model rotates at 33rpm compared to the 80rpm of the established ones, meaning that cleaning takes a little longer. But this also helps to make the unit quieter and, as Price observes, this means that the”new cheaper design doesn’t work any less well”. Indeed, he concludes that the new version “gives you almost all of the performance of the company’s more expensive machines, but at a far more affordable price” and ends: “Every serious collector should have one.
- Tried and trusted technique from the originators of electric record cleaning
- Quietest ever electric record cleaner (37dB, C weighted, 1 metre)
- Very simple and intuitive to use
- Original Keith Monks Point Suction Precision Clean vacuum system
- Whisper quiet medical grade diaphragm suction pump – a compact version of the BBC specification vacuum pump.
- Classic Keith Monks precision wash system with Mini Cooper wash pump (discOveryOne Classic)
- Automatic functions including auto off
- Engineered for long life and reliability
- Every drop of fluid removed by powerful vacuum arm
- Fresh, unused, uncontaminated cleaning fluid for every record
- Fresh, unused, uncontaminated contact with machine for every record
- SuperSilent professional direct drive turntable
- Automatic thread reel out
- Dry cycle semi-automatic process
- Auto shutdown if the waste container is full.
Designed for All size records to a maximum of 12 Inch LP’s
Single Manually Operated brush system
Built-in fluid application system and deck mounted Austin Mini Cooper hand pump for precise fluid application
Heavy duty medical grade vacuum pump, won’t overheat during long cleaning cycles
Direct drive turntable motor
Unique vacuum arm design with precision bearings for smooth traverse across the record
Unique nozzle design does not touch the record surface, buffer cotton cord system
Professional rugged and practical casework
Whisper quiet operation
Fluid, adaptors and accessories available to order seperately